Wednesday 29 October 2008

Nosey Wednesday

I cannot hold a contest with the title "Guess whose nose this is?" as it is pretty obvious... take out the camera and she must see what I am up to!
She is back to normal with me, enjoying cuddles and running like the wind when there's the smell of banana in the air. Recently, I was on the floor winding up a ball of yarn, and she could not have cared less. I am glad to see that she doesn't plan to shred my knitted work!

Talking of knitting, I have almost finished the Tilted Duster for my youngest sister, while the DROPS jacket for my other sister is ready to be mailed:



I particularly like the buttons, which I found in a haberdashery shop in Cagliari:



All the details of the jacket are on Ravelry if you are a registered raveller, otherwise you can find the pattern here.
And now, if you excuse me, I am going to prepare the dinner for the bunnies, and then cast on for the sleeves of the Tilted Duster...

10 comments:

PJ said...

Hi Yowlyy,
Thanks for stopping by my two blogs. I think the story of Dave is so sad and yet so happy. I hope that one day I'll be able to have a real bun.
I also knit but nothing like you do. Your work is exquisite.

RG said...

Oh so good to see the bunns!!!

I like the bunnsin the box picture!

Anonymous said...

That's a very nice jacket! Love the buttons too! Does it take long to finish one?

Nose rubs to both bunnies!

Anonymous said...

Yikes! That IS scary, people armed with knives, breaking into homes! We wouldn't want that to happen to anybun! Good thing your Mum and Dad are home to make sure you're both safe, and that no one steals any of your food or treats :)

Wow, ONE week?! Our mum says your mum must have magic fingers! She took a look at the 'easy' pattern and got all cross-eyed.. she's never knitted anything before (except for short rectangular pieces which she knitted with a little tool that has a hook on one end of it.. see, she doesn't even know what the tool is called! She's hopeless when it comes to knitting!).

Mum says she loves the designs on DROPS and now she wants to learn to knit.. there's a 'Knitting Techniques' link and she hopes to learn some basic knitting skills from there. It would take a miracle, if you asked us! She's be better off learning to bake bunny cookies!

~ B, Y & H ~

Deb Cushman said...

Beautiful jacket! And beautiful bunny nose!

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Gorgeous knittings. Good to hear Miss Eve has put you back in her good books and what a nose she has !!! I knitted a scarf once for my brother, it was, err, rusticly charming.

Carlton Jamal said...

My hoomin would like to do kissings on that nose! <3

Anonymous said...

I'm SO SORRY :( When you asked about Zinger the other day I meant to come over and tell you in a comment that he had gone to the bridge :( but got distracted and forgot. I'm sorry you didn't find out from me. I just didn't post it to my blog cuz i was too sad for too long. I miss him but someday will have buns binkying around here again.

I love the nose shot - it is adorable

Have a great weekend.

Joanna said...

Love the yarn in the drops, must log in to Rav to see what you used!Well time is counting down, I went over and had another look at secret pal, but think I'll take a rest till the next one, it feels like the C word is almost upon us already, and then there's the dreaded CC (credit crunch) to battle with too!

Ninni said...

that drops jacket looks amaizing. Good job!